Welcome to another edition of Talsco Weekly
- IBM i Brief: A new ACS release. IBM Report: Impact of AI on Workforce.
- Open Source: Toolbox for Node.js. Using TypeScript – React.
- Modernization: Navigating Truth: Overcoming Misinformation in Digital Transformations.
IBM i Brief
A new release of IBM’s Access Client Solutions, ACS 22.214.171.124, was released.
“Generative AI will require skills upgrades for workers, according to a report from IBM based on a survey of executives from around the world.”
Business leaders say 40% of their workforces will need to reskill as AI and automation are implemented over the next three years.
A majority of executives, 87%, believe employees are more likely to be augmented rather than replaced.
For all the IBM i developers out there experimenting with Node.js here is an overview of what open-source libraries (and packages) are available for a given task.
- A library is a collection of pre-compiled routines or functions that offer specific functionality, while a package is a bundled module or set of modules (and possibly other assets) that can be installed and managed using a package manager.
- A library provides specific functionalities to be utilized in code, while a package bundles modules and assets for easy distribution and installation.
What are React and Typescript?
Want to use them both together?
Here is a tutorial for adding TypeScript to an existing React project.
ERP projects are notorious for going off the rails, and modern-day digital transformation projects are no different.
With so many IBM i shops either in or considering modernization and/or digital transformation projects, this article tackles the elephant in the room.
Is what you are being told real or fake?
The two key points that stand out to me are:
- “It is absolutely critical that you focus on the current state.”
- While it’s tempting to focus on technology, it actually “is the least important thing in a digital transformation project”.
What stands out to you?
Sign up for Talsco Weekly to get the latest news, insight and job openings for the IBM i professional.
If you are an RPG programmer looking to explore opportunities or a client who is looking for a talented IBM i professional, please contact us. We look forward to assisting you.
Do you know of someone who could benefit from Talsco Weekly? If so, please use the social media buttons to spread the word. Thank you!